Wed, 14 Jun|
Facilitation and Leadership in Sustainable Farming and Food (Module Two - Team Skills)
Learn new individual, team and project management skills. Be effective and deliver more for our planet and communities.
Time & Location
14 Jun 2023, 09:00 – 15 Jun 2023, 17:00
FarmED, Station Rd, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton, OX7 6BJ
About the Event
We need to foster great facilitators and leaders if we are to move to a more sustainable farming, food and environmental future. We need better individual, team and project management skills. While most of us undertake these roles in our day-to-day work, many of us are unaware and untrained!
This unique course will help you become a more effective facilitator and leader in the complex and fast changing world of sustainable farming, food and environment. You will build and practice your individual, team, and project management skills and we will help you deliver more for our planet and communities.
This course is 6 days in total, delivered in three, two-day modules (with 10 – 14 guided learning hours per module). You are advised to join us for all 6 days although you can select individual modules if desired.
- Module One - Individual Skills (31 May/1 June 2023)
- Module Two - Team Skills (14/15 June 2023)
- Module Three - Project Management Skills (19/20 July 2023)
In addition to quality course teaching, you will gain insight into the current issues, challenges and opportunities from course colleagues and guest speakers. You will also become part of a new ecosystem of great facilitators and leaders with a rural focus.
Participants will get the opportunity to apply the high impact Integrated Local Delivery process to a live scenario.
We will ensure you leave with enhanced knowledge, skills, connections, confidence and inspiration. You will also be supported to develop your own self-awareness and to develop and put into practice a personal action plan.
We will feed you well throughout the 6 days and give you time to reflect and network. Optional evening dinners and speaker sessions will also be made available.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is ideal for those working or volunteering as an advisor, facilitator, cluster group coordinator, property/estate manager, project officer or mentor in the food, farming and environmental sector. It is also suitable for those managing or building their own food or farming business and local community champions.
We welcome individuals and team cohorts/group bookings from small, medium and large organisations.
This course is CPD accredited by BASIS (2 points per module).
This course is delivered at FarmED – the award-winning Centre for Farm and Food Education in the Cotswolds. The FarmED team will also help to coordinate sessions and deliver elements of each module.
The core training is owned and delivered by Ruralink Training – specialists in supporting career change, facilitation and development in the rural sector.
Advisors from the FWAG team will support the delivery of the Integrated Local Delivery sessions.
Participants will also hear from a range of inspiring guest speakers and practitioners from the sector.
Each module has its own specific set of learning objectives. These are listed below.
Module One - Individual Skills
- Understand the rural challenge and the range of stakeholders involved
- Develop a clear understanding of what facilitation is in a rural context
- Develop the core skills required to be an effective facilitator
- Improve your self-awareness
- Gain first hand insight into rural facilitation
- Gain practical insight and practice the key skills learnt so far
- Produce your own action plan with clear objectives
Module Two - Team Skills
- Examine the current transition to an agroecological and regenerative future and the role of individuals and teams in this transition
- Recognise the importance of team dynamics
- Examine and apply team performance theories
- Move towards being a transpersonal team leader
- Measure team effectiveness
- Consider the wellbeing of the effective team
- Improve your relationship management
- Gain first hand insight into team success in the rural sector
- Update your own action plan with clear objectives
Module Three - Project Management Skills
- Apply a project management structure and change management theory to a familiar rural project
- Conduct effective meetings that lead to action
- Gain first hand insight into facilitating and managing a rural project in the rural sector
- Apply stakeholder analysis techniques to a project
- Explain the benefits of an integrated approach to project management in a rural/peri-urban setting
- Apply the Integrated Local Delivery process to a given scenario your own live project
- Update your own action plan with clear objectives
The full syllabus and more details on learning outcomes, session content and guest speakers will made available here soon.
Pricing and Booking
Each two-day module can be purchased for £360 including VAT. Just book the one or two dates you would like to attend.
Book all three modules (advised) for £900 (£300 each including VAT) saving £180. Please book once on Module One. This option will close on May 25th.
Considering a group booking? Contact us to discuss a discount.
A VAT invoice will be issued.
The FarmED Bursary
If cost is a barrier to you attending, then please do ask us for financial support. The FarmED Bursary offers free or subsidised places to those that will benefit most. We currently have the equivalent of two half bursaries (value £450) to help cover the cost of the 3 modules.
Discounted Tickets for Farmers, Growers and Advisors in Gloucestershire
As part of the GREAT project (see www.greatglos.co.uk) we can offer subsidised places to existing and aspiring farmers, growers and advisers in Gloucestershire to the suite of regenerative agriculture and agroecological transition courses at FarmED. To book, please select the Discounted Ticket option below. You will be asked for a few eligibility details including evidence of your involvement in regenerative agriculture and your potential impact in Gloucestershire.
If you would like to discuss course content and delivery, please contact Fiona Galbraith of Ruralink at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a booking or FarmED enquiry, please contact Sophie Wilkinson of FarmED at email@example.com.
We like to take photos and occasionally videos of our events to use on our website and social media, please let us know if you do not want to be photographed.
A block booking, covering all 6 days of the course (all three modules).£900.00Tax: VAT included
Module one, covering two days of training only.£360.00Tax: VAT included
Whole Course Discounted
Discounted Tickets for GREAT Farmers (for existing and aspiring farmers, growers and advisers in Gloucestershire).£540.00Tax: VAT included
This Module Discounted
Discounted Tickets for GREAT Farmers (for existing and aspiring farmers, growers and advisers in Gloucestershire)£216.00Tax: VAT included