Wed, 07 Dec|
Regenerative Farming: Grassland and Grazing
Are you ready to take your grazing to the next level?
Time & Location
07 Dec 2022, 10:00 – 08 Dec 2022, 17:00
FarmED, Station Rd, Shipton-under-Wychwood, Chipping Norton OX7 6BJ, UK
About the Event
Do you want to grow more grass even in a drought? Do you want to add diversity to your soil and sward? Do you want better daily liveweight gains and animal health? Do you want to cut back on inputs?
If so, join Niels Corfield for this two day course where you’ll learn the nuts and bolts of regenerative grazing management. Together we’ll look at whole farm planning to design farm layouts and grazing plans while minimising costs.
You will enjoy sessions from additional inspiring and informative guest speakers such as James Allen from Heritage Graziers, plus field visits to local regenerative farms. This December, we’re off to FAI Farms.
Check out the course objectives and full list of topics covered below.
Niels has been working to deliver truly sustainable food and farming systems for more than 15 years. He is an independent adviser and trainer. He has 12 years’ experience in adult education and is formally trained in Holistic Management and Regenerative Agriculture Design. On a mission to create regenerative landscapes and farms in the UK and Europe, Niels focuses on agroecological systems that are low maintenance yet productive.
This course is a great follow on for those who have completed Fundamentals of Regenerative Soil Health at FarmED or previous online courses with Niels Corfield (Soil Health & RegenAg). This is highly recommended.
Who is this course suitable for?
Graziers, herdsmen & shepherds, established & new entrants, mixed farmers, landowners, farm & estate managers, ecologists & advisors.
"The course was truly inspirational...I feel it's only the beginning" - Natasha, participant on Fundamentals of Regenerative Soil Health course.
- Growing more and better forage
- Increase stocking rates
- Reduce housing periods and winter costs
- Reducing reliance on external inputs or contractor services
- Identifying opportunities for out-wintering & season extension
- Improving soil health / pasture health
- Improving drainage and water holding on your land
- Carrying-out above ground monitoring
- Creating a basic grazing plan
- Selecting best practice infrastructure & equipment
- Principles of regenerative grazing management
- Grazing management systems: mob grazing & planned grazing
- Time-saving strategies for management of land & livestock
- Manure management & processing on-farm
- Understanding soil health: soil health principles for graziers
- Learning to read your soil and pasture
- Overseeding existing pasture & establishing new covers
- Monitoring & data gathering
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Implement the soil and pasture health principles on your farm
- Design a basic farm layout that facilitates your management goals
- Create a grazing plan to maximise potential of forage resources and minimise work
The full agenda can be found here.
Please arrive from 9.30 for refreshments and check-ins, the course will begin promptly at 10am.
Tickets include refreshments and a seasonal lunch from the FarmED Kitchen.
Delivery of our mission is a collective effort and our values embrace inclusivity and diversity. We don’t want price to be a barrier to anyone visiting FarmED or attending our events. Read more about our tiered pricing policy here.
If cost is a barrier to you attending, then please do ask us for financial support. The FarmED Bursary offers free or subsidised places to those that will benefit most.
As part of the GREAT project (see www.greatglos.co.uk) we can offer subsidised places to existing and aspiring farmers, growers and advisers in Gloucestershire to the suite of regenerative agriculture and agroecological transition courses at FarmED. To book, please select the GREAT ticket option below. You will be asked for a few eligibility details including evidence of your involvement in regenerative agriculture and your potential impact in Gloucestershire.
Special offer - 10% discount for members of Pasture For Life - please email us for a code.
Pay it forward and help us to support other people’s learning experiences. (Inc. Vat)£260.00Tax: VAT included
Our recommended price that covers our costs. (Inc. Vat)£200.00Tax: VAT included
Our solidarity price for those who will benefit most.£140.00Tax: VAT included
GREAT Project Participant
Subsidised places available to existing and aspiring farmers, growers and advisers in Gloucestershire.£130.00Tax: VAT included