Regenerative Grazing: Principles, Planning & Application
Time & Location
About the Event
Would you like to use adaptive pasture management on your farm to save time and grow better grass?
In this course you'll learn the nuts and bolts of regenerative grazing management and whole farm planning to design farm layouts and grazing plans while minimising costs. At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Implement the soil and pasture health principles on your farm
- Design a basic farm layout that facilitates your management goals
- Create a grazing plan to maximise potential of forage resources and minimise work
- Principles of Regenerative Grazing Management & Whole Farm Planning
- Grazing Management systems: mob grazing & planned grazing
- Grazing planning: charts, calculating live weight, forage budgeting
- Time-saving strategies for management of land & livestock
- Farm infrastructure: functional hedges, water, fencing, access, and manure management
- Pasture monitoring (using SoilMentor)
- Trials & Feedback
- Animal Health & Nutrition
- Breed Selection
- Soil Nutrients & Plant Nutrition
- Transition Strategies
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is open to those who have completed Fundamentals of Regenerative Soil Health at FarmED or previous online courses with Niels Corfield (Soil Health & RegenAg).
If you would like to join this course but have not participated in either of the introductory modules please send us an email to discuss if this course is suitable for you.
What you'll need to bring
Farm maps (hard copy)
Up-to-date list of field name and sizes
Livestock numbers, age-class or liveweights
Grazing diary (optional)
List of key dates: prescriptions, testing etc (as comprehensive as poss)
Laptop/tablet running excel
Clothes for wet and cold weather!
Please arrive from 9.30 for refreshments and check-ins. The course will begin promptly at 10am.
About Niels Corfield
Niels Corfield has been working to deliver truly sustainable food and farming systems for more than 15 years. He is an independent adviser and trainer. He has 12 years’ experience in adult education and is formally trained in Holistic Management and Regenerative Agriculture Design. On a mission to create regenerative landscapes and farms in the UK and Europe, Niels focuses on agroecological systems that are low maintenance yet productive.
"The course was truly inspirational...I feel it's only the beginning" - Natasha, participant on Fundamentals of Regenerative Soil Health course.
Tickets include refreshments and a seasonal lunch from the FarmED Kitchen.
Delivery of our mission is a collective effort and ou