Regenerative Soil Health: From Principles to Practice
Time & Location
About the Event
In this one-day workshop, led by agroecological adviser Niels Corfield, you will learn how to apply the principles of regenerative soil health to the management of your farming operation.
Building on lessons learnt from the Regenerative Soil Health Fundamentals course, this workshop will enable you to:
- Identify regenerative practices to apply soil health principles to your farming context
- Utilise soil amendments and foliar nutrients to enhance plant performance
- Monitor plant health in the field to complement lab testing
- Design a composting system fit for your context
We'll also take a deeper dive into the following topics to help you take your farming operation to the next level:
- Plant nutrition & plant health
- Monitoring plant health: Brix testing, sap pH
- Soil nutrient balancing, amendments, and mineral applications
- Foliar nutrition for plant health
- Selecting & using lab testing: soil minerals, base saturation
- Composting systems & upcycling manure resources
- Data gathering & monitoring review
As always, your learning will be fueled by delicious refreshments and a nutritional and seasonal lunch from the FarmEAT kitchen.
Who's this course for?
This course is designed for arable and livestock farmers but is also suitable for landowners, estate managers, farm advisors and ecologists. To gain the most benefit from the course it is recommended that you have completed the Fundamentals of Regenerative Soil Health at FarmED (see events pages for details or email us).
About Niels Corfield
Niels Corfield has been working to deliver truly sustainable food and farming systems for more than 15 years. He is an independent adviser and trainer. He has 12 years’ experience in adult education and is formally trained in Holistic Management and Regenerative Agriculture Design. On a mission to create regenerative landscapes and farms in the UK and Europe, Niels focuses on agroecological systems that are low maintenance yet productive.
"The course was truly inspirational...I feel it's only the beginning" - Natasha, participant on Fundamentals of Regenerative Soil Health course 2021.
Tickets include refreshments and a seasonal lunch from the FarmED Kitchen.
Delivery of our mission is a collective effort and our values embrace inclusivity and diversity. We don’t want price to be a barrier to anyone visiting FarmED or attending our events. Read more about our tiered pricing policy here.
If cost is a barrier to you attending, then please do ask us for financial support. The FarmED Bursary offers free or subsidised places to tho