Agroforestry Design Masterclass
Time & Location
About the Event
Looking to integrate trees into your farming business but don’t know which trees to plant, how many, or where? Unsure about fencing, or how to market your tree products?
In this two-day intensive workshop you will be guided through an intuitive agroforestry design process by some of the UK’s leading agroforestry practitioners, receive 1:1 advice in clinic sessions, and walk away with a detailed agroforestry design for an area of your farm.
Whether you are interested in planting trees for food or biomass production, livestock shelter or browse, overall resilience or any other goals, this course will save you time by giving you the skills needed to design your own project as well as easy to use planning tools to take home with you for the future planting.
Hosted by FarmED and facilitated by some of the UK’s leading agroforestry practitioners, this workshop will help you:
● Clarify your objectives for planting trees on a specific area of your farm
● Select tree species based on functional traits that match your objectives
● Decide on planting configurations and design (which tree, where and how many)
● Identify appropriate planting, protection, and other establishment considerations
● Understand how you can utilise agroforestry products on-farm
● Learn about market opportunities for agroforestry products
● Identify financial support available for tree planting
● Create an implementable agroforestry design for a priority area on your farm
The workshop will include a mixture of inspiring talks, group discussions, farm walks, farm design activities, and 1:1 clinic sessions with the facilitators to refine your agroforestry design.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for farmers, growers, land-managers, and advisors who are embarking on new agroforestry initiatives. Places are limited as we are offering this course to 12 farm businesses, with a maximum of three places per business. Tickets are priced per person.
What have previous participants said about this course?
"You have an incredible bunch of people at FarmEd and it's one of the most inspiring and creative places I have visited in a while" - 2021 Agroforestry Design Masterclass Participant
"A fantastic mix of activities and content, great interactions between attendees" - 2021 Agroforestry Design Masterclass Participant
Delivery of our mission is a collective effort and our values embrace inclusivity and diversity. We don’t want price to be a barrier to anyone visiting FarmED or attending our events. Read more about our tiered pricing policy here.
The FarmED Bursary